Friday, January 18, 2013

On the other hand...

... maybe I did disappear.

I just haven't really known what to say.

Had some craziness going on, the holidays, family visits, and most recently, a couple tooth extractions. All fun.

Did well over the holidays, but I've still been sitting at the mid 180's for over a month now. Bleh. I'm tired of it. I'm tired of Dukan. Idk if I should stick it out, or what. I've recently been turned on to a keto diet (sometimes known as caveman diet, very similar to paleo). It sounds crazy, but every day I see more and more success stories from people with a whole lot more weight to lose than I.  And it looks much, much tastier than Dukan, that's for damn sure.

http://www.reddit.com/help/faqs/keto

If you're interested.

Bootcamp ended today. I definitely feel more mobile, a little more agile, and even a little bit faster. I really enjoyed it, in hindsight. In the class, I was always fucking dying.

I'm so dramatic.

But seriously, I never sweat that much playing softball out in the heat and humidity. Bootcamp was hard. I'll definitely miss it.

I feel smaller, but the scale doesn't seem to think so. My boyfriend notices. He said he forgot I had a tattoo on my hip. Well I hope I'm not so raging fat anymore that he forgets about my tattoos, lol.

Though, honestly, I forgot about it myself. I wouldn't mind a new, prettier one, right on top of that one. Maybe when I deserve and can afford rewards :)

Also been doing C25K, for longer than it would seem. I have to keep restarting because I miss days due to various reasons. Right now it's my teeth that's holding me back, but I did bootcamp today and it was fine, so I should be able to run tomorrow. I've been running outside, in the snow, and with my dog. All things I never thought I would do. And you know what.. it's not hard. I don't hate it.

It's a god damned revelation, it is.

So from the beggining of bootcamp to the end, plus the running on the side, I went from not being able to run a tenth of a mile w/o stopping, to being able to run two, almost three tenths of a mile w/o stopping.

Finally, the sweet, sweet taste of tangible progress.

1 comment: