Tuesday, January 21, 2014

"Fool", and no resolutions.

January is winding, grinding, sputtering down to its end, and I'm not really one for "New Year's resolutions". Intentions are all well and good, but I don't tend to see a lot of people reflecting upon or pursing their resolutions by the time say, November, rolls around. 

So I fucked up my diet. Not like, irreparably. I am back on the horse, as it were, and it's a struggle for sure to say no to all those sweet, carby, temptations. Like any kind of pastry. Or tortillas. Or pasta.....

asdfhsjkldfhasldf. 

I will not be defeated! I've made a couple attempts to get myself off the sugar addiction and back in love with my bacon and butter and cheese and eggs. But now, now I can feel it. I slumped. I hit the complacent "good enough" stage. I felt comfortable for once. And I ate and ate and ate. Now, I feel it. The scale is bouncing between 160-165 depending on the day, and I feel like an asshole for even getting there. But what's done is done, I had a couple months of fun, for sure. 

I am SO close. 

So close! There's no reason to stop being on track, there's no reason to stuff my face with all the carbs. There's no reason why I'm not working out or taking my dog for runs (except that he might possibly be the WORST running partner... ever). So ok January, you caught me up in your bug. I want to start anew, too. I'm done bitching, I'm starting doing. Fuck you insecurity, I'm back. 


AHEM AHEM AHEM

So my life, besides my fat, has also taken some changes these few months. Let us go over them. 

1. I met a guy. He is a good guy. There are others like him, but this one is mine. 
2. I'm *working* on quitting smoking. The guy and I did start quitting at the same time, I sneak one from      time to time, in the interest of not ripping each other's faces off for the immediate future. 
3. Restarting Zombies 5k training app today, plus other challenges including squats, sit ups, push ups. 
4. 52 books in 52 weeks

Okayso that last one there... I know I'm a bit behind, but I like this whole reading challenge idea. I have a lot of books I need to read or keep saying I will read, and then I don't. I used to read a lot more than I do now, and I want to change that... so I am. 

This week, I am reading Fool by Christopher Moore. 

Every Sunday I will start a new book, and briefly review the past one here. After this book I intend to read The Hobbit, but after that I have no strict list. I welcome recommendations! 

1 comment:

  1. Can't GOT count for a whole year's worth of reading?? :) I'd recommend books but other than those, Hunger Games and all Christopher Moore, you'd hate my books. Wait.. Sense and Sensibility. Try it :)

    ReplyDelete