Saturday, December 1, 2012

Tea

Those that know me understand that I get into obsessive phases. Recently, I have become interested in all things tea. My christmas list is covered in tea pots and kettles and beautiful little cups and blend after blend of loose leaf tea. I can't wait to get a proper pot and a matching pair of cups and just drink tea for hours with a friend, chatting away like usual. Only with tea!

I did finally try my first cup of loose leaf tea tonight, and really, it is different. As I enjoyed the white/mate chai blend, I felt what I think coffee people feel when they drink that first sip of their morning mug: full body warmlove. Everything is instantly better and your mind stops zooming so it can go "Hey man, what you're doing there... I really like that."

I've been obsessing over every aspect of tea, especially proper brewing and the differences between a traditional Japanese tea, and a British high noon tea. Both of which are fairly involved. I'm looking into Dukan recipes for tasty cookie biscuits, but I'm not 100% sure I would be happy dipping something into this awesome mug of hot perfection that I got going on right now.

Maybe snacks are out.

Dukan calls for an increase of water, and to avoid chemical-izing my entire being, I choose you, tea. And I love tea. I've had tea my whole life. But this departure from bagged tea to loose leaf...

My world just shifted.

3 comments:

  1. Well, you're so easily pleased ... it's fantastic! There's nothing like tea, and even though I'm currently having warmbodylove from my first cup of coffee, after this, tea fits me to a T :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. See, coffee never did that to me, and now I know I was just meant to love tea. Coffee would be tasty, usually, but it wouldn't be what made my morning/life complete.

    Except maybe one, particular, brand of frozen-caramel-coffee concoction, but... alas, we can no longer speak.

    ReplyDelete