Thursday, November 1, 2012

Tasty Vittles

I like to cook.

If I didn't like experimenting, I would not be able to handle this diet.... I would get very bored of the same chicken breast and steak and salads all the time.

Tonight I made Sweet Italian Lean Turkey Sausage (Links, but I cut them open) and gravy, with roasted peppers and mushrooms.

I am fantastic.

Gravy, you say? Horrible for you, you cry?

Oh nay nay.

Dukaners are familiar with the fact that cornstarch is better (at least per this diet) to use than flour. So some fat free milk, low sodium chicken broth, cold filtered water, all whisked with cornstarch, and presto! A fabulous gravy is about to be born. I do still cook in the fat from the turkey, while it's in the pan, just because it's already so damn lean anyways, I don't really care. Maybe not completely kosher, but who gives.

I know it's unfair to chicken breast to hate it. It has done nothing but be it's tastiest, plumpest, healthiest it can be. But chicken, it's not you; it's me. We just need a break. We'll see each other around... can we still be friends? Can I call you if I wanna hook up sometime?

That cool with you, chicken?

1 comment:

  1. Do'nt worry, I'll keep chicken company while you're away. You are HIlarious.

    ReplyDelete